FORDHAM & COMPANY
…is a design/build firm conducting a general practice in all building types. We provide services for both new and renovation work that are tailored to the needs of our clients.
We provide architectural services and work with our client’s contractor throughout the course of the project. Either we fulfill construction services using plans drawn by your architect, or, we can provide a full turn-key service to do both design and construction.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our firm is able to offer complete architectural design services as well as all phases of construction services. I feel that the client can benefit from our design/build services in the following ways:
- Reduced overall costs – Since we would be packaging design with the actual construction, fees for both could be reduced significantly. We routinely provide preliminary designs and master plans at no cost or obligation to our clients. It is only after a decision is made to move forward that any costs are incurred.
- Better communications – by communicating directly with the Architect/Contractor instead of through the Architect, misunderstandings can be avoided and time can be saved.
- The project would be in budget – Since it is our responsibility to design as well as construct the project within your budget this constant problem would be eliminated. There would be no bid-day surprises.
- Eliminate unnecessary change orders that result in cost overruns – Design errors and omissions during the design stage would be our responsibility to remedy at no additional cost to the Owner. Change orders would be initiated only when the Owner wanted to increase or change the scope of work, not to remedy an error made by the Architect.
Ray Fordham & Company is a CECO Metal Building Systems dealer and are able to provide our clients with an affordable solution to most of their building needs. When a metal building system is not appropriate we utilize many other types of building systems and methods to meet our client’s needs.
- Macon Chapter AIA
WHO IS RAY FORDHAM?
- B. RAY FORDHAM, AIA – PRESIDENT/PROJECT MANAGER/ARCHITECT
- Sparta High School, Sparta, Georgia
- Georgia College, Milledgeville, Georgia
- Registered Architect in the State of Georgia
- Registration No: 8708
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Twelve (12) years experience in the following architectural design firms in Macon, Georgia.
- Dennis & Dennis, Inc.
- Stanford Adams, Architect
- David Richardson, Architect
- Thirteen (13) years experience as President and CEO of Dyer and Fordham, Inc., specializing in commercial construction and architecture.
- Sixteen (16) years experience as President and CEO of Ray Fordham & Company, Inc., specializing in commercial and residential construction and architecture.
|Mr. Jimmy Ivey, Vice President, Century Bank & Trust:
First National Bank Projects
|Mr. Larry Prestridge, John Milledge Academy:
Classroom Building for John Milledge Academy
|Mr. Charlie Wolf, AIA, Architect:
Numerous Construction Projects
|Mr. Morris Hutcheson, Chairman of the Building Committee:
New Classroom & Multi-purpose Building for Hardwick Christian Church
|Mr. Will Harris, Owner of White Oak Pastures:
New Meat Processing Plant for White Oak Pastures
|Ms. Kim Miles, Owner John Miles Chevrolet:
Design/Build New Buick/GMC Dealership
Design/Build Upgrade to John Miles Chevrolet
|Mr. Mike Walker, Island Creek Baptist Church
Design/Build Addition to Island Creek Baptist Church